Uses surgical, medical or physical means to investigate, preserve and restore functions to a patient's extremities or spineLearn more about this agency
The VA Medical Center Memphis, a level A VA facility, is seeking full-time Orthopedic Surgeon, board certified or board eligible in internal medicine.
The duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Deals with both primary and secondary musculoskeletal issues of a patient's central nervous system, such as tumors, injuries, degenerative disease, trauma, congenital deformities and infections.
- Specializes in the muscles, ligaments, bones, tendons, joints and nerves, which let our bodies move
- Specializes in such areas as foot and ankle orthopedics, orthopedic sports medicine, pediatric orthopedics, adult reconstructive orthopedics, musculoskeletal oncology, orthopedic spine surgery, hand surgery and orthopedic trauma.
- Provides medical care by performing physical exams, designing treatment and therapeutic plans, and keeping track of patient progress to determine what needs to be done.
- Performs back and spinal surgeries, joint replacement surgery, and repair fractures in bones.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians, reviewing records and planning treatment options.
- Meets with patients to proceed with specialized testing or further examination of the physical condition that lead to the referral.
- Examines patients including physical examinations, ordering x-rays, MRl's or other testing sources.
- Plans specialized after surgery care, coordinating follow up medical support and meeting with patients after surgery to answer questions and monitor recovery.
- Manages record keeping, patient charts and all required surgical and hospital records as needed.
- Administrative duties will be specific to General Surgery/Surgical Service as designated by the Chief of Surgery to include preventive medicine and emergency preparedness.
Work Schedule: Varies depending on the needs of the facility
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484426400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.