Joining the Customs and Border Protection Office of Field Operations will allow you to use your expertise to detect and prevent terrorists and instruments of terror from entering the U.S. This position starts at a salary of $94,796 (GS-0401-13, Step 01). Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen Homeland Security by performing law enforcement activities that enforce the laws and regulations related to the import and export of agriculture, commodities and baggage entering and/or exiting the United States.
Who May Apply: Current federal employees who work for U.S. Customs and Border Protection with competitive status.
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please see http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/careers/gc_1303762131481.shtm
Organizational Location: This position is located within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations, Agriculture Programs and Trade Liaison, National Agriculture Cargo Targeting Unit (NACTU), in Sterling, VA.
Three or more selections may be made using this job opportunity announcement. Further selections may also be made for additional organizational divisions and/or units within the duty location(s) listed above.Learn more about this agency
In this position you will become a key member of a team of Homeland Security professionals detecting and preventing terrorists and instruments of terror from entering the U.S. Typical work assignments include:
- Conducting agriculture targeting, and supporting additional CBP mission targeting activities, while performing research/risk analysis to identify high risk shipments.
- Communicating cargo or vessel targets to local agriculture targeting units, and providing field support.
- Developing, creating, and maintaining user defined rules for national agriculture targeting, while also preparing briefing documents and managing programs.
- Managing user defined rules for national agriculture trade facilitation initiatives such as National Agriculture Release Program.
- Coordinating with Agriculture Programs and Trade Liaison and government partners to obtain pertinent information related to emerging agriculture threats and regulation changes which impact targeting trade.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484368400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.