As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact on the last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
For more information on the Who may apply eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.
This position requires a Critical Sensitive Security Investigation. Incumbent will be required to sign a statement indicating that they understand that the investigation results must be favorable in order to remain in this position.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) in Leavenworth, Kansas.
The Incumbent serves as the Supervisory IT Specialist and reports directly to the Area Manager. Incumbent is responsible for supervising employees in the Customer Support section.
The major duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs the administrative and personnel management functions relative to staff supervised;
- Supervises a staff of employees to accomplish the work of the organizational unit;
- Responsible for providing a full range of IT hardware and software support to Community Based Outreach Clinics (CBOC's) and Medical Outreach Clinics;
- Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff;
- Provides managerial oversight for the acquisition, installation, support and implementation of Wide Area Network systems and applications.
- Manages, administers and ensures security, maintenance and operations of database systems;
- Manages moves and installation of IT equipment to assure coordination of IT support and customer service;
- Manages work in the development, testing, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of software systems to accomplish the work of the facility through automation;
- Analyzes and coordinates all major facility hardware acquisitions and ensures compliance with VISN and national procurement directives and procedures.
- Ensures that systems operate to meet local and national standards.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory Information Technology Specialist; GS-2210-13; PD #2370-O
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484352400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.