The selectee for this position will serve as a Supply Systems Analyst in the Code N6 Operations Research and System Support Directorate of NAVSUP WEAPON SYSTEMS SUPPORT.Learn more about this agency
This is a data analyst role responsible for working in conjunction with business analysts and technical teams in the implementation, use and sustainment of the SAS data analytics software. Incumbent will be responsible for developing SAS-based analytic methodologies and products that apply data mining, statistical and other analytic techniques, as well as the continued tuning of the SAS infrastructure. Work tasks include building data views, development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Working Instructions and training materials, conducting training sessions and assisting personnel on the use of the SAS software. Day to day duties also include high level analysis of data, the creation of ad hoc and standard reports, data management & validation, and data exports, program validation and analytics.
The successful selecteApply functional knowledge of logistics, supply, and operations processes to resolve business problems.
- Provide IT/Business Systems support, including analyzing system design requirements to ensure specifications meet business requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve functional business problems and recommend solutions to improve command performance.
- Utilize systems analysis concepts and techniques; structured analysis principles; business processes and operations; life-cycle management concepts; and cost-benefit analysis methods to tackle business problems.
- Support supply & logistics processes in the areas of planning, forecasting and allowance development.
- Create and maintain ERP accounts for WSS users; perform role mapping activities/analysis and assign the required training to activate roles.
- Responsible for scheduling and tracking of all ERP training within WSS as well as assisting in the design and development of ERP training courseware, knowledge transfer events (KTE), learning aids and materials.
- Assist personnel on the use of SAS software.
25% or less - You may be required to travel up to 25% per year.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484145500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.