Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for select Acquisition Positions that are in a Shortage Category and/or have a Critical Hiring Need.
The Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) FY 2009 provides that the Secretary of Defense can designate acquisition positions within the Department of Defense as shortage positions and recruit and appoint highly qualified persons to those positions. This announcement is open to accept resumes from candidates interested in helping the Department of Army meet our mission requirements for the acquisition of systems, equipment and facilities.
This position is with the Office of Secretary of the Army, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Defense Export and Cooperation ( DASA DE&C), located at Arlington, VA.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
This position is a TERM position. It is time-limited NTE 30 Sep 2019, and may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
- Serve as Staff Officer and expert advisor for the development of acquisition strategic plans and documentation.
- Develop and implement the strategy that will drive international security cooperation program implementation in compliance with legislative and executive branch policies.
- Develop program implementation strategies.
- Prepare and present briefings, reports, and presentations to civilian and Military leadership, senior policymakers and other USG, Foreign and Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Serve as liaison to the Army Staff on matters pertaining to the role of Foreign Military Sales (FMS) in maintaining the health of our U.S. industrial base.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484096000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.