If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 18-HUD-61-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH), Office of Native American Programs (ONAP). ONAP’s mission is to increase the supply of safe, decent, and affordable housing available to Native American families; strengthen communities by improving living conditions and creating economic opportunities for tribes and Indian housing residents; and ensure fiscal integrity in the operation of the programs it administers.
ResponsibilitiesAs the Deputy Administrator, you will:
- Exercise concurrent authority with the Area Office (AO) Administrator on administrative issues affecting day-to-day operation of the Albuquerque Satellite Office (ASO)
- Conduct in-depth analysis of program functions, and proposed statutes and regulations for special projects
- Provide recommendations to the Administrator on budget allocations, reviews of ASO organization and staff performance, and findings of evaluation studies on the effectiveness of program delivery in the assigned service area
- Resolve complex, cross-cutting administrative and technical issues by interpreting and applying new and existing policy and procedural instructions
Occasional travel - May be required to travel 1 to 5 nights per month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All Candidates who are:
1.Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement); OR
2. HUD employees currently serving on a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484078000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.