Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice!Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Justice Management Division, Office of the Controller, Budget Staff, Department Administration and Oversight Group. The Budget Staff is responsible for developing, directing and executing of Department-wide program budget operations; planning and conducting program budget reviews to assist top level officials in the assessment of objectives, performance and efficiency; Department-wide fund controls; and developing the Department of Justice Performance Plan and Report.
- Performs budget execution duties related to major agency programs.
- Consolidates and validates data and statistical input for presentation of the Department's budget. Compiles narrative and statistical material and background information for use in briefing management officials.
- Prepares and interprets instructions related to budget preparation and execution.
- Prepares budget estimates for major substantive or administrative operations programs from a variety of sources.
- Prepares budget documents and ensures reconciliations are made related to workload data, accuracy, and distribution of programs.
- Monitors, tracks and reports on program obligations.
- Reviews and coordinates accounting records and prepares apportionment, allocations, and operating budgets.
- Reviews and analyzes historical data and current trends to validate and consolidate requests and estimates for an integrated budget.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483990200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.