The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.Learn more about this agency
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Explain Program Services, requirements, policies and procedures; and obtain pertinent history and other case information to be incorporated in the file as background for planning indicated services. Document interviews, and evaluate the relevance of information collected to the problem described by the client.
- Develop initial tentative conclusions as to appropriate referral sources or recommended treatment to the staff; prepare case folders, and incorporate notes and appropriate forms in the folders. On a pre-approved basis, provide basic counseling services to clients.
- Administer assessment data collection instruments required to individuals referred. Process and score assessment questionnaires initially and on a follow-up basis as specified by the research program. Enter client data and related information into database.
- Participate with the staff in the development and implementation of outreach/prevention, resource and referral, and treatment programs for individuals, families, and groups needing assistance with different problems and issues. Participate in the development of action plans Outreach Prevention Team. Market a wide range of secondary prevention programs to first sergeants, commanders, and other base officials plans support activities for groups, such as spouses of deployed military members.
- Identify opportunities to use volunteers in the annual needs assessment and other programs. Recruit volunteers, plan, and conduct training sessions for them; prepare agenda for the case management team meetings, compile statistical data, and prepare a variety of recurring reports; Use varied and advanced functions of word processing software to create, format, modify, edit, and print a variety of letters, reports, memos, and other textual documents.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-09).
Occasional travel - May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft or by any other designated means.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483924800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.