This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY SURFACE MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1251000and is part of theMI Surface Maintenance Office, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
SUPERVISORY SURFACE MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST, GS-1601-12
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4/G-4), State Surface Maintenance Management Office. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a second-level supervisor and technical authority over two or more Army National Guard (ARNG) surface maintenance facilities, e.g., Combined Support Maintenance Shop (CSMS), Maneuver Area Training Equipment Site (MATES), Unit Training Equipment Site (UTES), and/ or Field Maintenance Shop (FMS). Work requires comprehensive knowledge of the principles, concepts, and practices involving ARNG surface maintenance facilities, equipment, and services. In the absence of an officially established and filled position, may also serve as the Deputy to the Surface Maintenance Manager. The highest level of basic non-supervisory work directed is comparable to GS-09.
(1) Directs, coordinates, and oversees the work of subordinate supervisors and employees.
(2) Ensures that maintenance facilities manage workflow to attain established backlog goals.
(3) Develops, implements, and oversees the quality assurance program for assigned surface maintenance facilities to ensure production goals as established and attained.
(4) Provides technical guidance to assigned maintenance activities through coordinated assistance and/or evaluation visits.
(5) Responsible for conducting periodical inspections of maintenance activities to determine adequacy of work, storage; and to support current density of equipment supported and personnel employed.
(6) Manages the state's Command Maintenance Evaluation Team (COMET).
(7) Manages the safety and health program for maintenance facilities and operations including instruction in safe operating procedures and policies; and investigation of all accident/incidents including preparation of reports and other required documentation.
8) Responsible for the hazardous waste/industrial hygiene program for the surface maintenance facilities.
(9) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483914600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.