Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Mobile District has over 1,100 civilian and 10 military personnel. These employees work in fields that are diverse, including project management, water resources planning and management, engineering and architectural design, construction, and operations and maintenance. Mobile District's military mission covers over 252,000 square miles, and supports the Army, Air Force, NASA and other federal agencies in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, and Central and South America. The civil works mission covers 96,000 square miles in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi. It includes all river, harbor and flood control works within the drainage basin of six major river systems.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Provide continuous evaluation, program direction, and coordination of the natural resources management activities at water resource development projects
- Apply professional principles of ecosystem science, land management, soil conservation, park planning, policy and administration, public use management, as well as other biological and social sciences
- Apply an extensive knowledge of management concepts, principles, methods, practices and processes of multi-disciplinary fields
- Provide direction and coordination of various operations and maintenance functions associated with the natural resources (ENS) and recreation (REC) programs
25% or less - Travel may be required for training and/or site visits.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483823100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.