Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), we serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, we secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems, thus protecting our transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about our agency please: Click Here.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
A minimum of one (1) week of travel in a full-time duty status may be required to complete TSA's in residence National Preparedness Leadership Initiative (NPLI) at Harvard University. This training will occur away from the employee's duty station of record. Employees will be paid for compensable hours and reimbursed for authorized travel expenses per TSA Travel Policy.
The Deputy Assistant Administrator (DAA), Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), serves as a senior acquisition management official and the Deputy Head of the Contracting Activity in TSA. The DAA provides executive leadership and senior technical expertise for TSA, on matters involving procurements and other transaction agreements. The responsibilities of the position have an agency-wide impact and influence, which includes providing innovative and expert leadership in the establishment and implementation of comprehensive procurement strategies and implementation schedules in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, and directives.
- Directing the Office's execution of contracts, procurements, and Other Transactional Agreements (OTAs) services throughout TSA.
- Managing, directing, and evaluating programs involving acquisition of supplies, services, construction, or research and development by utilizing formal advertising or negotiation procedures.
- Providing leadership and oversight in the management of post-award contract administration, contract reporting, contract closeout, contract files maintenance, electronic acquisition systems, claims adjudication, disposition of defective pricing actions, and participation in litigation activities.
- Overseeing the overall direction of process standardization for the entire acquisition lifecycle, to include processes related to Program Management, Logistics, and Test & Evaluation.
- Serving as the Executive sponsor for the Procurement Strategy Board, Solicitation Review board and Acquisition Policy Board. As a member of the TSA Senior Leadership Team, participates on Executive Steering Committees.
- Providing day-to-day operational and management oversight and direction to subordinate managers in the execution of their respective and combined professional and technical functions, which includes acquisition and procurement management within the Office, as well as throughout the various organizational units within TSA.
Occasional travel - Position requires occasional travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Open to All U.S. Citizens
This position is in the Transportation Security Executive Service (TSES) and is located in Arlington, VA.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483760300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.