This is a Washington Air National Guard Non-Bargaining Unit Technician position:Learn more about this agency
SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC/NETWORK)
Location: 262 NWS, McChord AFB, WA
Appointment Type: Permanent
Advertised as: Officer
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
For information about joining the Air National Guard please call 1-800-TO-GO-ANG
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Washington Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard at the required military grade listed if the position is open Nationwide.
Condition of Employment: In accordance with the Defense Intelligence Agency (IC Tech Spec-for ICD/ICS 705), incumbent must be able to perform rotational on-call duties in response to after duty alarm conditions at the secure work center. Specifically, incumbent or authorized representative must be able to report within one hour of notification, to conduct internal inspection of the facility, determine probable cause of the alarm activation, and reset the intrusion detection system. Compensatory time will be awarded for a minimum of 2 hours or until resolved, if incumbent is called in.
A SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC/NETWORK), GS-2210-13:
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management.
- Periodically reviews position descriptions to ensure accuracy, and the most effective utilization of personnel resources.
- Plans, organizes, and oversees the activities of a CPT, ICS, ACD, C3MS, or NMT operations section.
- Prepares Unit Training Assembly, Annual Training and currency training events for Mission Ready Cyberspace Operators and is prepared for events in order to optimize training time available.
- Performs cyberspace operations that protect the nation (or assess the capability to protect and defend) information and information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD# D2330000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - As required for job training or mission requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide: All Members of the Washington Air National Guard, or U.S. Citizens willing to join the Washington Air National Guard
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483724100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.