OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Police Service at the Chillicothe Campus of the Southwestern Region of the Ohio Health Care System (VISN 10). The primary purpose of this position is to suppress crime and criminal activity, protect life and property, apprehend and arrest violators of criminal laws, recover stolen property and regulate non-criminal conduct. Incumbent will initiate contact when unusual persons, circumstances present, and/or when accidents occur, making detailed reports on all such occurrences. This service provides law enforcement and security support for the Chillicothe, OH, VA Medical Center and its subsidiaries.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform the essential functions of the job which include but are not limited to:
· Respond to calls for police assistance during patrol operations determining if incidents are civil or criminal in nature.
· Operate vehicles under both normal and emergent circumstances.
· Establish safe parameters and entry control points.
· Function as a first responder (BLS certified) and administer first aid.
· Execute Federal arrest warrants.
· Notify appropriate outside jurisdiction when persons are present who have non-federal arrest warrants issued for them.
· Identify and remove hazards.
· Enforce traffic and parking policies, regulations and laws.
· Identify and apprehend offender, advising persons of their constitutional rights.
· Present competent professional testimony in court, present physical evidence in court, confer with prosecutors.
· Review and prepare evidence for court presentations.
· Evaluate tactical plan modifications.
· Attend and complete training as scheduled.
· Maintain departmental equipment as necessary.
Work Schedule: Rotating shifts consisting of four, ten hour shifts and three days off. Includes day, evening and midnight shifts with irregular days off.
Position Description Title/PD#: Police Officer, GS-0083-07, PD #06738-A
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483563400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.