Are you ready to help a world-class university take on the challenges of reaching over 150,000 learners worldwide? The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.Learn more about this agency
- Position serves as a Program Management Analyst (Senior Human Capital Manager) for policy, strategy, and initiatives for the AT&L Office of Human Capital Initiatives (HCI) directorate. Assists the Director, HCI, a direct report to the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (USD)AT&L, supporting execution of the Undersecretary's responsibilities for the Defense acquisition workforce, including program management of acquisition workforce initiatives and contract management (contracting officer representative) duties. Provides project management, business, and financial support for the planning and execution of Defense acquisition workforce human capital and talent management programs and initiatives. Applies expertise, self-initiative, analysis, project management, resource management, and collaborative skills to complete leadership-prioritized human capital, talent management, and other workforce management projects.
- Assists the Director, HCI in developing, maintaining, and executing the Defense acquisition workforce (AWF) strategic plan and resulting implementation plan(s), including project management, stakeholder collaboration and team leadership to ensure top-level strategic requirements are met.
- Provides Director, HCI with recommendations for actualization of statutory and regulatory AWF requirements into Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and the Defense Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Workforce Education, Training, Experience, and Career Development Program (Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 5000.66) workforce policy and guidance across DOD acquisition community.
- Assists the Director, HCI on projects related to acquisition workforce requirements, competencies, gap analysis, capability and capacity planning strategies, improvement initiatives, and evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of DAWIA and DoDI 5000.66 workforce policy and programs.
- Contributes to effective communication strategies, plans, and tools, including branding and outreach efforts.
- Presents program briefings, information papers, reports, etc. to senior leaders and other stakeholders to support mission objectives.
- Supports execution of the governance forums for which the Director, HCI has responsibility and participates in other working groups to design, develop, and/or improve workforce management and development initiatives.
Occasional travel - 10% or Less
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483423900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.