The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)
30% Disabled Veterans
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
The primary purpose of the position is to serve as a professional mechanical engineer, performing operations and maintenance (O&M) engineering duties in support of a military installation.
- Performs O&M engineering involving design and construction that encompasses the maintenance, repair, upgrade, and operation of infrastructure facilities, including utility systems, utilizing professional knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Provides mechanical engineering support to trades and crafts shops. In conjunction with the primary duty of maintenance engineering, on a less frequent basis performs work in the construction management, design, and/or programming/base development functions.
- Coordinates projects with other engineers in other disciplines or with architects.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete.
- Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…VRA, Individuals with Disabilities, 30%, Reinstatement, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483415700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.