This National Guard position is for a Surface Maintenance Repairer, Position Description Number D1193000 and is part of the NJ CSMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Surface Maintenance Repairer, WG-5801-8, you will:
- Perform limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
- Assist higher graded mechanics in the repair and/or overhaul of major systems
- Perform work in accordance with technical manuals, lubrication orders, maintenance bulletins, regulations or management policies.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) and ensures vehicles and equipment are properly serviced
- Make minor repairs to canvas and leather items using bonding/sealing compounds and hand tools such as awls, canvas needles etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483360000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.