Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
The pay band NH-04 includes the General Schedule grade equivalent to GS-14/15.
Other initiatives under the Acquisition Demonstration Project include simplified classification, streamlined hiring process and expanded developmental opportunities.
Who May Apply:
- Current Department of Defense Employee
- Veterans and Preference Eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Reinstatement Eligible
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- This position is the Deputy to the Commander of a large, complex Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) field activity which administers contracts on a geographic basis. Serves at an organization which manages more than 5300 contracts, and has more than $680 million of un-liquidated contractual obligations. Administers an annual operating budget greater than $14.6 million.
- The Deputy shares the Commander's responsibilities for accomplishing DCMA missions, planning and evaluating activity programs and operations and oversees the organization's technical and managerial activities. As the senior technical authority on contract administration and program management, the Deputy supervise all activity operations and staff elements.
- Serves as the senior civilian technical authority on contract administration and program management. Advises key managers of important contract management issues and directs action to identify and resolve critical administrative or technical problems.
- Represents the organization concerning technical elements of contract management, contract funding, polices, and legislation.
- Performs the full range of managerial personnel functions to include approves subordinates selections of employees to fill key vacancies, selects key subordinate officials, and develops plans for key subordinates.
25% or less - Business Travel is required 20% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483331700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.