When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The Security Specialist is responsible for providing physical and personnel security support to the Texas Recovery Office to ensure the security of staff, operations, assets, and facilities. This position starts at a salary of $72,739 (IC-12).
Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 6 team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
In this position, you will develop and implement procedures and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations, or materials. Typical assignments include:
- Advising on security and law enforcement needs and problems, interpreting agency guidelines, and issuing instructions on methods and procedures
- Coordinating all activities with Headquarters to ensure compliance with FEMA Security Procedures and Policies as well as other government policies and procedures associated with the security of the FEMA field facilities
- Serving as a technical expert on security policies, regulations, procedures and conducting review of the effectiveness of security programs and practices within the Texas Recovery Office
- Reviewing intelligence and counterintelligence reports, assessing security vulnerabilities, and designing security systems
- Overseeing personnel security investigative packages; fingerprinting employees and reviewing fingerprint charts to determine if they are classifiable and contain all appropriate data
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Thursday, November 9, 2017 OR at 11:59 pm ET on the date the 200th application is received, whichever comes first.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483327700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.