This National Guard position is for a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER, Position Description Number D1259000and is part of CSMS Nebraska Army National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-7458.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
As a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER, GS-1152-7, duties include:
(1) Establishes plans, schedules, and controls the maintenance and repair of a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided missile systems, and small arms. Implements maintenance plans and monitors progress of accomplishments. Provides status of equipment, maintenance actions in progress, and location of equipment. Inputs data regarding work order information, status changes, supply updates, and other pertinent information. Makes on-the-spot adjustments to repair priorities on routine or reoccurring processes necessitated by unscheduled maintenance requirements.
(2) Studies directives, modification work orders, and regulations as to their application in the unit. Assists supervisory personnel in determining impact of these requirements on shop capability. Modifies production planning to accommodate these requirements. Conducts initial and long range planning pertaining to routine production processes,
mechanical skills, availability of test and diagnostic equipment, repair parts, and other factors influencing the repair, modification, and maintenance of equipment and readiness reporting.
(3) Designates and maintains current maintenance repair priorities by Force Activity Designator, pacing items, Equipment Readiness Codes (ERC) A, B, and C equipment type, available funds, commander's priority, state/national priorities, (in the case of floods, fires, and mobilizations) and unit supported. Authorizes the acceptance of equipment for repair; monitors work priorities, status, and completion of work orders and requisitions; and provides status of repair parts. Assists supervisory personnel regarding readiness, Class 9 (CL IX) funding, production problems and work planning. Assists in the resolution of problems encountered between scheduled or unscheduled production or priority requirements.
(4) Provides assistance to ensure that Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E) or Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) reportable Line Item Numbers
(LIN) are properly managed, reported and accounted for with respect to readiness reports, property accountability reports and system management. Based on guidance received from the supervisor or higher graded production controller, prioritizes resources to ensure the highest level of readiness in support of training and mobilization requirements of supported units. Works with other sections within the organization to ensure equipment readiness reports are correct and submitted in time to meet Department of the Army (DA) reporting suspense.
(5) Analyzes repair methods and recommends control procedures to ensure that accomplishment of programs meet priorities and deadlines established by higher authority
or support activities. Coordinates with units and other support activities concerning the delivery, status of repair operations, and/or pick up of completed work orders.
(6) In the absence of the higher graded production controller, ensures that unit CL IX accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness; and performs
demand analysis on CL IX expenses to determine proper PLL stockage to sustain facility mission requirements.
(7) May provide day-to-day technical guidance to lower-graded personnel assisting in the maintenance production or maintenance management processes. Ensures necessary maintenance records are maintained and required reports are submitted to units and higher headquarters' in a timely manner.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1, 2 and 3 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483301600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.