Congress created the Office of the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) to provide independent and objective oversight of Afghanistan reconstruction projects and activities. SIGAR conducts audits and investigations to promote efficiency and effectiveness of reconstruction programs and detect and prevent waste, fraud, and abuse.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
This position is located in the Arlington, VA Office of the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR). Temporary travel to Afghanistan may be required.
Temporary appointment may be extended upon organizational approval.
The incumbent will serve as the technical specialist in support of hardware/software, inventory management, and technical resource acquisition services and configuration management support.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Manages requests and issues provided to the Joint Service Provider (JSP) for hardware and network related issues.
- Manages inventory and tracks the life-cycle of hardware and software items purchased.
- Consults with customers to refine functional requirements for Information Technology (IT) specifications. Analyzes agency requirements for IT support, develops alternative designs, and recommends solutions that optimize productivity, information assurance, and cost parameters. Independently performing work in the development, delivery and support of IT systems, services and procurement actions.
- Assists with the migration of new customers into existing and new organizational structures, to include relocations, system setup on the network including hardware, software, communication connections and approved loading of software.
- Assists with the lifecycle upgrade of IT hardware. Documents, utilizing designated system, support of assigned agency IT systems, their operation, modification, and lifecycle upgrade.
- Adheres to and implements IT policies, standards, and guidelines; conducts analysis and recommends resolution of complex issues, evaluates and recommends adoption of new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT services.
- Maintains accountability of purchases and deliveries of equipment assigned. Assists with maintaining records of software licenses purchased.
- Has a working level knowledge of video conferencing standards and is able to troubleshoot VTC and AV Conferencing systems and ensures equipment is operational. Has experience with major video conferencing equipment such as: Cisco codec's, Polycom and Tandberg MCU configurations; and/or provides technical leadership on agency projects.
- Coordinates technical support for agency VTC connectivity on allclassified/unclassified point to point and multi point calls.
- Responsible for delivery and operation of telecommunications equipment and services.
- Responds to telephone, electronic mail, and/or walk-in requests for support for all systems and equipment within the SIGAR DC user environment. Troubleshoots any problem hardware/software issues encountered.
- Performs hardware/software testing and installation
- Provides limited one-on-one desk side training for customers requiring assistance on standard software applications and/or IT equipment.
- Provides general technical support for all dial-in/remote access systems and other remote systems; Evaluates hardware, firmware, peripherals, software packages, etc., for use by staff and provides recommendations to accomplish the desired objectives.
- Installs, configures and maintains network communications hardware (bridges, routers, gateways, modems, CSU/DSU's, etc.) to meet connectivity requirements (except when specifically tasked to other contractors); Ensures technical safeguards are maintained to provide controlled user access, integrity of electronic mail, applications and user data.
Occasional travel - Occasional overseas travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483292400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.