This National Guard position is for a MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR, Position Description Number D0843000and is part of theMI MATES, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR, WG-5703-8
This job is located in an ARNG/ANG National Guard organization. Its purpose is to operate and perform operator maintenance on one or more motor vehicles to transport personnel, supplies, materials or equipment.
(1) Operates primarily straight-in-line trucks which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight (GVW) of more than 32,000 pounds and/or truck tractors with semitrailers or full trailers to transport personnel or pick up and deliver supplies, materials or equipment.
(2) Ensures shipping and accounting documents are with the shipment and reflect actual condition, quantities and type of material.
(3) May perform warehouse work to include issuing receiving and inventorying equipment, supplies and materials; loading and unloading of trucks; storing and pulling warehouse stock; packing and unpacking material; and repairing or replacing items on equipment.
(4) May perform a variety of extensive servicing and light maintenance work on assigned vehicles.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483291200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.