This National Guard position is for a PROGRAM ANALYST, Position Description Number D0712000and is part of theMI JFHQ Army, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
PROGRAM ANALYST, GS-0343-9
Position is located in the office of the State Army Aviation Officer (SAAO), STARC Headquarters. Serves as the analyst responsible for accomplishing program planning, budgeting, analysis and evaluation of Army National Guard aviation programs in a state.
(1) Analyzes funding for Flying Hour Program (FHP), Counter-Narcotics Program (CNOPS) and Additional Flight Training Periods (AFTPs) to aid effectiveness and to identify deficient areas or trends. Independently or as assigned undertakes projects which involve surveys, comparisons and studies of current and past operations.
(2) Reviews, evaluates and analyzes obligations and expenditures.
(3) Assists SAAO in interpretation and utilization of reports and information provided.
(4) Advises management when manpower authorizations, based on analytical and statistical studies, appear unbalanced.
(5) Performs duties of management information systems manager for the SAAO.
(6) Based upon budget guidance received from higher headquarters, develops an annual budget for the aviation program.
(7) Determines training requirements for aircrew school training functioning as the principal liaison between National Guard Bureau (NGB), Department of the Army, aircraft manufacturing schools and other Department of Defense schools.
(8) Develops annual training budget data for training programs.
(9) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483290400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.