This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1994000 and is part of theMI JFHQ Army, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, WG-8852-10
This position resides in an Army National Guard (ARNG) organization supporting Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS). This position serves as an aircraft and systems repairer for the UAS aircraft being deployed by the Army National Guard. The aircraft and systems maintained primarily involves those unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) where the aircraft relies on the Flight Control System to automatically set the main flight parameters based on navigational information input by the operator. The UAS mission involves a variety of functions such as surveillance, reconnaissance, combat search and rescue support, and potentially target illumination, laser targeting, etc. when airframe capabilities permit. This position is required to support and sustain a regular and reliable operator flight training program.
(1) Responsible for conducting all -10 and -20 level maintenance, checks, and services.
(2) Responsible for electrical integrity of the UAS to include installation, calibration, and/or adjustment of electrical and electronic components, electrical and mechanical controls, and instruments.
(3) Maintains and supports the communications relay payload, laser spotter payload, laser designator payload, electro-optical (forward looking infra red sensor and television camera, and similar payloads and technology.
(4) Uses technical publications and schematic diagrams to conduct unit level maintenance.
(5) Performs periodic and emergency Unit or Intermediate maintenance level inspections and tests to check UAS operability.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483285100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.