This National Guard position is for a SECURITY SPECIALIST (FORCE PROTECTION/ANTI-TERRORISM), Position Description Number D1692P01and is part of theMI 110 Airlift Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
SECURITY SPECIALIST (FORCE PROTECTION/ANTI-TERRORISM), GS-0080-11
This position is located in the Air National Guard (ANG), Component Numbered Air Force (cNAF), Air Operations Group (AOG), Air Component Operations Squadron (ACOS). This position is located within the Wing Command of an ANG Wing/Base/Installation. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the installation/wing security specialist for force protection and anti-terrorism (FP/AT) and related physical and operations security and issues, managing assigned program areas, and implementing force protection policy, projects and studies. Advises the Wing Commander, Group Commander, and ACOS Commander on matters of anti-terrorism, oversee implementation of AF and MAJCOM policy, exercises staff program management over all anti-terrorism activities, and serves as liaison with the surrounding communities, and state officials. Due to the unique mission of the cNAF, this PD cannot be used in any other organization.
(1) Serves as the Wing/Base/Installation ACOS Commander authority and expert on all matters involving anti-terrorism and force protection requirements, policy, procedures, and program statues.
(2) Responsible for the overall implementation, oversight, and centralized control of the coordinated force protection and anti-terrorism program for the Wing/Base/Installation.
(3) Plans, conducts, directs the conduct of, or coordinates on security site studies, projects, assessments, and surveys of the installation ACOS in relationship to and force protection and anti-terrorism activates.
(4) Represents the Commander at meetings, conferences, workshops, panels, etc., at MAJCOM and other deferral agency levels as the ACOS wing technical authority.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483283300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.