This National Guard position is for a PLANS TRAINING AND MOBILIZATION MANAGER, Position Description Number D1129000and is part of the MI Camp Grayling, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
PLANS TRAINING AND MOBILIZATION MANAGER, GS-0301-12
This position is located in the Joint Force Headquarters-State, Operations Directorate (J-3), Army National Guard (ARNG) Training Center, Maneuver Training Center-Heavy/Power Support Platform (MTC-H/PSP) or Maneuver Training Center-Heavy (MTC-H). Serves as the Director of Plans, Training, Mobilization and Security (DPTOM-S) responsible for all live fire training facilities and impact areas located on the training center. Serves as advisor on all matters pertaining to the use of training center range facilities and is responsible for conduct and safe firing of live ordnance. Manages technicians, AGR, state, contract, and M-Day soldiers. Develops state and Federal financial budgets to include the range and training land program, Integrated Training Area Management Program, and state budgets. Coordinates all installation administrative and logistical support necessary to provide using units with installation facilities, subsistence, security, and training requirements. Plans and coordinates specialized training events involving Active and Reserve Component Special Operations Forces of a classified nature. May support JCS level exercises for Commanders in Chief of Combatant Commands such as U. S. Central Command.
(1) Responsible for the overall management of timing, coordination, and safety of combined arms firing exercises which involves armed aircraft, maneuvering, mounted and dismounted types of indirect and direct fire.
(2) Maintains overall responsibility for the planning, directing, and management of range operations and range maintenance activities.
(3) Directs the installation security and force protection programs.
(4) Assists with providing facilities in direct support of state or Federally directed mobilizations.
(5) Directs, coordinates, and oversees the work of subordinate supervisors (Air Field Manager, Range Control Manager, Target Systems Repairer Supervisor) and employees.
(6) Performs the duties of the Garrison Commander in their absence.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483280300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.