OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Shreveport, Louisiana stands prepared to offer you the lagniappe', which means a little something extra! Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana is situated on the Red River in northwest Louisiana. Commonly known as the Ark-La-Tex', the point where Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas meet. The Shreveport-Bossier City area is home to Barksdale Air Force Base, as well as numerous colleges and universities, theaters, lakes, golf courses, beautiful housing areas, churches, and great schools. With a population of nearly 400,000 in the city's metropolitan region, the area promises much to while maintaining a reasonable cost of living and an excellent, temperate climate. You'll enjoy a unique combination of two great American heritages: a little Cajun, and since we're less than 15 minutes from the Texas border, a little Lone Star, too. Shreveport-Bossier boasts elegant Southern charm and a relaxed attitude that suggests you kick your boots off and stay a while to enjoy year-round festivals, Vegas-style gaming, great local dining experiences, live music and family attractions.
This is an open continuous announcement. We will accept applications on an ongoing basis or until all positions are filled. Qualified applicants will be referred every two weeks.Learn more about this agency
Overton Brooks VA Medical Center recruiting a Board Eligible/Board Certified Gastroenterologist (GI). The candidate will be expected to be proficient in all basic GI endoscopy procedures including EGD and colonoscopy. Other duties include seeing patients in the gastroenterology and hepatology clinics, and consultation for inpatients and the Emergency Department as requested. On call coverage will also be required. The physician will work in a team setting with other physicians, nurse practitioners, clinical pharmacists, registered nurses, and support staff assigned to perform duties to accomplish the treatment of our patients.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Possess basic endoscopic skills and have a background and interest in clinical/research participation. IBE, ERCP and EUS skills are highly desired.
· Perform diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower endoscopy, including, stent placement, PEGs, and dilation.
· Work closely with all health care professionals throughout the medical center, and provide consultation to other services.
· Supervise, mentor and teach graduates, including GI fellows and residents.
· Perform chart reviews and coordinate with other providers regarding patient care issues.
· Responsible to document patient care data in electronic medical records (CPRS), such as: history and physical exams, daily progress notes for inpatients, encounters for outpatients, consult notes, discharge summaries and instructions, transfer summaries and enter both new and renewal prescriptions in a timely fashion in all areas in accordance with facility policy.
· Responsible for management of diagnostic, preventative and/or therapeutic gastroenterological and endoscopic services
· Maintain good diagnostic, judgmental and therapeutic acumen at all times
· Participate in quality assurance programs.
· Comply with all quality performance measures and improvement programs contracts under the cognizance of the Gastroenterology Section of Medicine Service.
· Gastroenterology on-call responsibilities will be shared with the other staff Gastroenterologists.
· Participate in committees and task forces.
· Must qualify for an academic appointment at LSU School of Medicine.
Functional Statement Title/#: Staff Physician (Gastroenterology)
Preferred experience: Completion of ACGME accredited fellowship in Gastroenterology and background in clinical research and clinical education.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.., Monday through Friday (On call as required)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Non-citizens may be appointed when it’s not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483158300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.