Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position:
This is a Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) position within DCMA INFO TECH Executive Directorate Field Services Center located in Wiesbaden, Germany 1 vacancy and Atsugi, Japan 1 vacancy.
Wiesbaden is, without a doubt, one of the most attractive cities in Germany. As the capital city of Hessen, it is sometimes referred to as "Nice of the North" and rightfully so considering the many mansions, the historic Kurhaus, the casino and the State Theater. Wiesbaden is a city with an abundance of leisure activities, providing a Cosmopolitan atmosphere blended with an attractive cultural ambience, extraordinary architecture and marked by endearing charm. Wiesbaden, located in one of the premier wine growing areas in Germany, is on the Rhine River only 20 minutes from the Frankfurt International Airport. Efficient mass transportation systems are readily available. Visit the Wiesbaden Army Community website at http://www.wiesbaden.army.mil for local Garrison support, and http://www.wiesbaden.de for Wiesbaden city plans and attractions.
Department of Defense (DoD) will cover tuition and transportation fees for your child to attend Non-DoD School Program. Information at www.dodea.edu/nonDoD. For information and assistance on the Non-DoD School Program contact, Mr. Shuichi Kubo at firstname.lastname@example.org
DoD Medical is not available but Medical facilities are available out in the economy and will accept Tricare and other Medical health insurance.
Tour Length: 3 Years Accompanied
Who May Apply:
- Current Federal Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment (MSP Overseas)
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Serves as Technical Specialist providing technical project management and customer assistance in the planning and delivery of managed IT services.
- Designated as the technical expert for the area of responsibility (AOR) or local IT infrastructure, duties may include technical project management, systems/virtual/network administration, end-user hardware, peripherals, approved wireless communication devices, video teleconferencing or multi-media systems and components, Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software, corporate application and database systems, and technical/customer training products.
- Functions as subject matter expert (SME) and participates in a wide variety of automation projects to design and/or implement IT solutions to meet complex business requirements.
- As a member of the Global Service Center (GSC), provides skilled and accomplished troubleshooting and specialized expertise in support of external/internal agency customers and IT Specialists located world-wide to resolve complex problems or design/implement substantial modifications to existing products.
- Executes high-level customer support by resolving elevated customer concerns involving quality or timeliness of IT services.
Occasional travel - Business Travel is required 15 percent of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483135300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.