By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Paralegal Specialist or Attorney Advisor for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA). The ODA provides disaster loans to homeowners, renters and businesses seeking funds for repair, rehabilitation or replacement of disaster damaged personal, real or business property. In your position, you will perform functions related to closing and disbursing disaster loans for disaster survivors.
As a Paralegal Specialist, some of your typical work assignment may include:
- Assisting Attorneys with closing and disbursing loans, managing loan portfolios, or working on special projects as assigned.
- Performing legal reviews of executed documents to ensure they comply with the terms and conditions of the Loan Authorization and Agreement.
- Making recommendations for the disbursement of funds within the agency guidelines. Documenting interactions and filing events with clear and concise entries in accordance with the agency policy and procedures.
- Reviewing samples of completed work assignments related to unsecured and secured home, business, and economic injury disaster loans.
- Auditing case files concerning obligations, loan closings, document preparation, disbursement of disaster loans and other work completed to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of the work performed.
- Preparing written reports and findings from each audit, citing instances of the inadequacies of technical analyses, judgments, and specific violations.
- Providing recommendations to supervisor for processing improvement strategies.
Occasional travel - Occasionally, you may be required to travel to a disaster site during increased disaster activity.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All USA Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483122500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.