OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Cumberland, MD Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC). The Martinsburg VA medical center is a Level 1C complexity facility providing care to our Nation's Veterans. The medical center provides comprehensive health care through primary care, inpatient medicine, surgery, psychiatric, domiciliary, and a long-term care unit. Martinsburg, WV VA Medical Center has seven Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) located in Cumberland, MD, Hagerstown, MD, Fort Detrick, MD, Harrisonburg, VA, Stephens City, VA, Petersburg, WV and Franklin WV.
The PA assigned to Geriatrics/LTC Service, Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) will be accountable for the following:
- provides geriatric primary care at the veterans home as part of the HBPC team
- providing leadership, both clinically and administratively for the satellite HBPC program at the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) and serves as the primary management point of contact for the HBPC Medical Director and Program Manager/Coordinator
- Adheres to established Center policies and procedures and VA Directives
- Demonstrating leadership and accomplishment when providing support to the supervising physician and the Chief of Geriatrics/LTC and assistance to representatives to various department/services within the VA organization
- implementing and complying with administrative review of the service's operations to assure compliance with all internal and external review requirements
- clinical management of patients may include skills necessary for the stabilization of acute complications and may include the initiation of basic life support
- patient education is primarily provided in an interactive setting which requires good interpersonal skills
- under the direction of the attending physician and Chief of Geriatrics/LTC shall be accountable for all clinical duties and assignments that he/she deems necessary
- demonstration of leadership as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- other duties as assigned
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00- 4:30
Financial Discloser Report: Not Required
75% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483105300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.