When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The Emergency Management Specialist (Recovery) serves as the primary point of contact for applicants (generally local municipalities) providing tailored customer service and programmatic guidance throughout the entire Public Assistance delivery process. This position starts at a salary of $60,210 (IC-11).
Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 6 team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
In this position, you will serve as a Public Assistance Program Delivery Manager providing support for Hurricane Harvey in Texas (Region 6). Typical assignments include:
- Serving as customer relations manager for Applicants, facilitating the delivery of Public Assistance in an Applicant-centric fashion.
- Conducting key informational meetings with Applicants in all phases of the delivery process, from the exploratory call, to bi-weekly updates, to the Exit Briefing.
- Supporting Applicants through the Public Assistance process, effectively communicating requirements to include developing the list of damaged sites, scheduling site inspections, summarizing applicant damages, coordinating requests for information from FEMA staff working in a centralized location away from the disaster area, and managing Applicant expectations.
- Ensuring the efficient and expeditious processing of Applicant's projects by tracking and communicating progress of all projects through the entire program delivery model in coordination with the Applicant.
- Hosting key information gathering/confirmation meetings and tailoring assistance delivery to Applicant recovery priorities to include communicating program eligibility requirements.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/483043600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.