Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!Learn more about this agency
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position:
This position requires the selectee to be at least 18 years old and be able to obtain and maintain favorable Department of Defense (DoD) suitability and security determinations as a prerequisite to employment. DCMA's offer of employment is conditional until the selectee passes a drug screen (if required), pre-employment security interviews, appropriate credit checks, a criminal background record and identification check, and the Department of Defense exercises its discretion to grant the selectee a favorable security determination. An employment offer DCMA management extends prior to security determination is merely tentative, and the DCMA expressly reserves the right to rescind the tentative employment offer at any time before the selectee's start date. Clearance decisions may take 90 days or longer. The regulation governing suitability for Federal employment is at Title 5, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), part 731, and DoD's Personnel Security Regulation can be found at Title 10, CFR part 154.
The pay band NH-04 includes the General Schedule grade equivalent to GS-14/15.
Other initiatives under the Acquisition Demonstration Project include simplified classification, streamlined hiring process and expanded developmental opportunities.
This position is in the Excepted Service
The Defense Contract Management Agency is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency.
Who May Apply:
All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
Notice of Veterans Preference:There is no formal rating system for applying veterans' preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of Defense considers veterans' preference eligibility a positive factor for attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veterans' preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documents (e.g., DD Form 214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty") to their submissions. Although the point-preference system is not used, applicants eligible to claim a 10-point preference must submit an SF 15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," and supporting documentation required for the specific type of preference claimed.
Serves as Attorney Advisor to all segments of the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) offices within the geographic area, with responsibility for:
- Rendering oral and written advice regarding to protect all legal rights of the Government
- Reviewing administrative or contractual actions of the Contracting Officers including termination settlements, equitable adjustments, and property matters with unilateral determinations thereon
- Assisting with investigation and processing appeals to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals or Claims Court under the Disputes clause, request for contract adjustment under P.L. 85-804, claims to the General Accounting Office and litigation in Federal and state courts
- Advising on reports of various investigative agencies or procurement activities, alleged conflict of interest, suspected fraud, security issues
- Providing legal counsel on questions of law and policy as required by local offices, and the effect of such operations on other DCMA activities
- Advising on personnel matters and supporting representation of the agency before administrative tribunals such as the EEOC, MSPB, and FLRA
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 10% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482981500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.