This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT PILOT, Position Description Number D0711000and is part of theMI AASF 1, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AIRCRAFT PILOT, GS-2181-12
Position is located in the office of the State Army Aviation Officer (SAAO). Serves as the primary staff officer for the management of aircrew standardization and training programs, fixed and rotary wing aircraft, avionics, armament and associated ground support equipment, maintenance programs, light safety programs, and operational support airlift usage.
(1) Directs, evaluates, and issues technical guidance to aviation units on matters pertaining to aviation training, readiness reporting, the Aircrew Training Manual and National Guard Bureau (NGB) training management and planning.
(2) Serves as Aircraft Maintenance Manager and as a technical expert in the field of aircraft equipment maintenance with responsibility for coordination of intermediate and limited Depot Maintenance Programs for the Army Aviation Support Facilities (AASFs).
(3) Manages the aircraft inventory for the state.
(4) Manages Physical Security Program in the SAAO and provides staff level support and assistance to physical security/operational security managers of the aviation units in the state.
(5) Has staff responsibility for the Army Aviation accident prevention program, to include semi annual safety meeting for all aircrew members.
(6) Represents the SAAO at conferences and meetings.
(7) In the absence of the SAAO, the incumbent serves as advisor to the Adjutant General regarding ARNG aviation matters, performs liaison between the Adjutant General and user organizations in matter relevant to aviation and aircraft maintenance.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482802800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.