This National Guard position is for a Flight Operations Specialist, Position Description Number D0671000 and is part of the NJ AASF 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Flight Operations Specialist, GS-2102-8, you will:
- Conduct preflight pilot briefings in accordance with National Guard regulations and directives
- Responsible for completion of risk analysis projection
- Process extended and local clearances
- Process, clear and transmit flight plans and flight progress messages to appropriate agencies
- Prepare, maintain and file records, charts, graphs, and reports allied to flight operations and flight training activities
- Compile and summarize reports for analysis through the use of a computer system and peripheral equipment
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482798600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.