This National Guard position is for a Powered Support Systems Mechanic, Position Description Number D0324P01and is part of the NJ 227th ASOS, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Powered Support Systems Mechanic, WG-5378-10, you will:
- Conduct classes to train maintenance personnel in operations, test procedures, and troubleshooting requirements of highly complex powered support equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment and diagnosing mechanical failures by visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment
- Repair, adjust and align down sized powered support equipment, using a variety of testing equipment and measuring devices
- Independently perform inspections, preventative maintenance, servicing, repair, and adjustments on complex rotary diesel engines
- Intermediate-level maintenance on powered support equipment and non-powered Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE)
- Perform maintenance functions in remote locations
- Perform technical order improvement reports, material deficiency reports and suggestions when required.
- Conduct the necessary safety program for the Aerospace Ground Equipment activity
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482584700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.