TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located in the Operations Section of a Base Communications Unit, Mission Support Group in an Air National Guard Wing at the 147th ATKW, Ellington AFB, Houston, TX. The purpose of this position is to provide voice, data, wireless, Communications Focal Point (CFP) and informed security services provided to the Wing, supported Geographically Separated Units, and Tenants.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, Indefinite, or temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and individuals immediately eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard who meet the compatibility requirements.
Rank Spread: Enlisted: SSGT/E-5 to MSGT/E-7
- The incumbent shall comply with the requirements of the certification program and will be required to obtain certification. Certification requirements are outlined in DOD Instruction 8570.01-M. COMPTIA SECURITY+ OR HIGHER CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of personal wireless communications equipment and programs is preferred.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans preference is not applicable in this agency.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities Learn more about this agency
As a IT Specialist (CUSTSPT), GS-2210-11, the following duties apply to this position:
- Manage the assigned IT/communications environment with privileged access at the network level for the Wing.
- Serve as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT/data systems/functions, voice and wireless systems to support mission requirements of Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants.
- Provide customer technical assistance and support for all users.
- Determine customer requirements and assist customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide (See Open Areas of Consideration) Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482580400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.