TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located in the Communications Unit, Mission Support Group of an Air National Guard Wing at the 147th ATKW, Ellington AFB, Houston, TX. The purpose of this position is to provide supervision, subordinate guidance, and team leadership to dual status, non-dual status, and civilian employees.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, Indefinite, or temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and individuals immediately eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard who meet the compatibility requirements.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: Officer: NTE LT COL/O-5
- To be considered for this full-time TECHNICIAN position in the military position, applicant must also apply for the concurrent Military (Traditional-Air) announcement at https://tmd.texas.gov/tmd-jobs
- The incumbent shall comply with the requirements of the certification program and will be required to obtain certification. Certification requirements are outlined in DOD Instruction 8570.01-M. COMPTIA SECURITY+ OR HIGHER CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans preference is not applicable in this agency.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (PLCYPLN), GS-2210-13, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Manage, plan, organize, control, and direct the communications activities for the Wing and Base to ensure mission accomplishment and optimum use of resources.
- Coordinate communications activities and projects with other concerned agencies and organizations.
- Coordinate with support organizations to assure an integrated approach to solution of problems.
- Ensure formulation of comprehensive training plans for each function and specialty within the C4 and logistics activity.
- Monitor and control the daily expenditure for material and manpower resources in accomplishment of peacetime and wartime mission goals.
- Develop an IT acquisition process, which satisfies the provisions of the Information Technology Management Reform Act (ITMRA) while incorporating the Air Force Corporate Process and the DOD Acquisition structure.
- Ensure all support agreements and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), are appropriately coordinated and approved.
- Work under the broad and general direction of the Administrative Officer (Support Officer).
- Prepare and maintain files and publications in accordance with current directives to include both paper and electronic media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide (See Open Areas of Consideration) Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482576400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.