The Department of Defense team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of Defense provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!Learn more about this agency
The selectee for this position will serve as a IT Specialist (INFOSEC) in the Cyber Security Division, Health Information Technology (HIT) Directorate of DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY.
Salary Range based on location:
$85,816 - $111,560 (San Antonio, TX / Fort Sam Houston)
$94,796 - $123,234 (Falls Church, VA / Arlington, VA / Rosslyn, VA / Aberdeen, MD / Bethesda, MD / Fort Detrick, MD / Silver Spring, MD)
$92,969 - $120,858 (Aurora, CO)
$94,707 - $123,117 (San Diego, CA)
$92,663 - $120,461 (Tacoma, WA)
$86,510 - $112,462 (USAF Academy, El Paso, CO)
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a lead and Subject Matter Expert providing incident response services to Defense Health Agency (DHA) including managing complex tracking and data analysis tasks in order to identify computer attacks and probes as they occur.
- Design security solutions and recommends countermeasures to mitigate risks to include developing security documentation as required by Federal, DoD, DHA and Military Health System (MHS) information security / information assurance programs.
- Analyze US Cyber Command Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) to determine the applicability of the alert on Information Technology (IT) assets and assures the required security features, procedures, patches, and updates are implemented in a timely manner to meet all suspense dates and to mitigate the vulnerability.
- Monitor contractors performance , either as a contracting officers representative (COR) designated by the contracting officer, or as a task manager by the COR.
- Assign team tasks, interpret goals, establishes schedules, provides direction, and performs technical review of completed work.
25% or less - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482545900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.