This National Guard position is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT OFFICER (DUAL BID WITH AGR BRANCH), Position Description Number D2169000and is part of theMI 127 Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT OFFICER (DUAL BID WITH AGR BRANCH), GS-0346-12
This position is located in the Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group at an Air National Guard Wing. This is an Air National Guard (ANG) Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The purpose of this position is to serve as the Senior Technician/Commander of the Logistics Readiness Squadron. Functions as the senior technical advisor as well as the supervisor of logistics readiness operations including but not limited to: readiness; logistics planning; resource management; supply and transportation support; procedures and systems; etc. Provides training to unit members in the accomplishment of the tasks of the squadron mission.
1. Supervisor: Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
2. Wing Advisor: Provides technical advice and assistance to wing leadership on business processes and performance and efficiency of logistics readiness functions of the squadron/ wing.
3. LRS Training, Resources and Systems: Manages and performs work for providing training, resources, and systems to ensure the efficient and effective operation of installation deployment processes.
4. Senior Squadron Technical Advisor: As the squadron senior technical advisor on logistics readiness and AEF issues, performs/leads studies, and provides technical advice and assistance on development and implementation of readiness mission capabilities.
5. Wing Logistics Readiness Representative: Represents the wing regarding logistics readiness issues at meetings within the organization and at conferences with JFHQ-State, USPFO, NG, MAJCOM, HQ USAF, DoD, and other agencies.
6. LRS Management: Plans, organizes, and maintains oversight of the activities of the Logistics Readiness Squadron, ensuring the planning efforts and work products and services of all the squadron functions comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meet customer needs.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482471000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.