Begin a challenging and exciting career with the Executive Office of the President (EOP) providing support to the President of the United States. The EOP has responsibility for tasks ranging from communicating the President's message to the American people to promoting our trade interests abroad. The EOP comprises the White House, Executive Residence, Office of the Vice President, Office of the United States Trade Representatives, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Office of National Drug Control Policy, Office of Management and Budget, National Security Council, Council on Environmental Quality, Council of Economic Advisers, and the Office of Administration. The Office of Administration (OA) provides a full array of customer-based services to the EOP. To learn more about OA, please visit http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/OA.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President (EOP), Office of Administration (OA), Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (OCAO), Library and Research Services Division (LRD). The incumbent provides information and research resources needed by officials and staff of the EOP with regard to government-wide and/or national and international concerns relating to policymaking for the highest levels of the Executive Branch of the federal government.
As a Supervisory, Librarian, GS-1410, 14 your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Manage Library resources including staff and budgetary expenditures for print, electronic, and audio resources.
- Evaluate, plan, oversee, and coordinate an acquisition program for information resources.
- Maintains a breath of knowledge as it relates to library management systems, information technology, and library and information science through reviews of professional literature, professional contacts and attendance and participation at professional meetings.
- Supervise a staff of professional librarians and technicians.
- Establish priorities, assign, distribute work and evaluate work made by Library staff.
- Provide advice, guidance and counsel to employees regarding work and administrative matters.
- Counsel staff to address work performance and conduct issues.
- Train and guide staff in use of technical services modules of library management system.
- Plan and implement technological improvements; such as Library systems, applications, and technical infrastructure.
- Oversee cataloging and metadata processes to assure effective customer access for digital, print, and audio materials.
- Oversee management of digital resources including license management and integration.
- Plan and provide access to vendor training for Librarians and technicians.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only - Appearing on USAJOBS
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482416600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.