OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Please join our exciting Memphis VA team!
PCS is authorized
This position is located within the Ambulatory Care Service at the Nonconnah Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC). The incumbent in this position is responsible for clinical duties in the Outpatient clinic setting. The duties include (but are not limited to) managing a panel of patients utilizing the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model, achieving performance measure goals, supervising Mid-level practitioners (including Peer chart review, assisting in performance evaluations, mentoring, and collaborating), and other duties as appointed such as resident continuity clinic supervision. Will serve as Chief Medical Officer for the VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic in completing PACT training, new provider training and OPPE/FPPE with medical staff; provides clinical opinions related to complaints. Will report to the Chief, Primary Care.
- Assists in performing performance appraisals on support staff working in the clinic.
- Completes evaluations on supervised medical students, if applicable.
- Supervises Physician and Mid-level practitioners in clinic.
- Interfaces with other medical staff and health care professionals in the medical center in regards to Primary Care.
- Responsible for direct patient care for a panel of patients utilizing the PACT model.
- Achieves performance measure goals and participate in performance improvement initiatives including sustainment of PACT model and other Systems Redesign Rapid Process Improvement projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Functional Statement Title: Chief, Medical Officer/000000
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482379200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.