The selectee for this position will serve as a Geographer (GIS) in the GeoReadiness Center, Asset Utilization Branch, Asset Management Business Line, of DEPARTMENT OF THENAVY.Learn more about this agency
Salary range shown is not all inclusive: salary will vary by geographic location.
THIS IS AN EXPEDITED HIRING AUTHORITY ANNOUNCEMENT. The Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) FY 2009 provides that the Secretary of Defense can designate acquisition positions as shortage positions and recruit and appoint highly qualified persons to these positions. This announcement is open to accept resumes from candidates interested in helping the Department of the Navy meet our mission requirements for the acquisition of systems, equipment and facilities.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Read and interpret maps, charts, photographs and statistical tabulations.
- Present and illustrate geographic information in narrative and graphic forms.
- Produce comprehensive facility, environmental and utility products and services using georeference and digitized as-builts, floorplans, blueprints, imagery, etc.
- Convert AutoCAD to GIS and GIS to AutoCAD using spatial data transformations for Navy stakeholders.
- Create and maintain symbology comprehensive map products such as Regional Base Maps (RBMs), Regional Installation Maps, utility mapbooks by commodity, Installation Data Catalogs, disaster assessment maps and jurisdictional (fire, police) mapbooks.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482149100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.