Loan Specialist Needed ImmediatelyLearn more about this agency
By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
You will serve as a Loan Specialist for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA). You will be responsible for a variety of duties all related to providing disaster assistance to homeowners, renters and businesses seeking funds for repair, rehabilitation or replacement of disaster damaged personal, real or business property.
As a Loan Specialist, you may:
- Investigate and evaluate credit history to determine credit worthiness of businesses and/or their principal owner(s).
- Process home and/or business loans and make recommendations on collateral needed to secure loans.
- Apply accepted financial procedures to analyze financial resources to determine an applicant's ability to repay requested loans.
- Review all pertinent facts needed to make eligibility determinations by analyzing such factors as the nature and cause of damage, intended use of proceeds, legislative and administrative loan limits, and disposition of insurance and other recoveries.
- Ensure loan files contain all pertinent documentation to include conversations with applicants and written recommendations or justifications for conclusions.
- Respond orally and/or in writing to applicants or their representatives.
Occasional travel - On rare occasions, you may be required to travel to a disaster site during increased disaster activity.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All USA Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482029800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.