TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located in the Air National Guard Engineering Installation Squadron (EIS) at the 147th ATKW, Ellington AFB, Houston, TX. The purpose of this position is to direct and supervise staff functions affecting telecommunications and information technology systems composed of a wide variety of high cost, sophisticated equipment, and is responsible for all technical support.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, Indefinite, or temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and individuals immediately eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard who meet the compatibility requirements.
Rank Spread: Officer: MAJ/O-4 Promotable to LT COL/O-5 NTE LT COL/O-5
- This position is concurrently advertised as Military. To be considered for this full-time TECHNICIAN position in the military position, applicant must also apply for the concurrent Military (Traditional-Air) announcement at https://tmd.texas.gov/tmd-jobs
- The incumbent shall comply with the requirements of the certification program and will be required to obtain certification. Certification requirements are outlined in DOD Instruction 8570.01-M. COMPTIA SECURITY+ OR HIGHER CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans preference is not applicable in this agency.
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (Policy & Planning), GS-2210-13, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Direct and supervise staff functions affecting very complex telecommunications systems composed of a wide variety of high cost, sophisticated equipment, and is responsible for all technical support and maintenance activities to include computer and telephone technical support, radio maintenance, secure communications maintenance, and support equipment maintenance.
- Determine unit goals that are the foundation for long and short range planning and execution of all unit programs.
- Oversee the accomplishment of the mission training program.
- Initiate the development and implementation of a variety of federal, state and local programs to ensure mission effectiveness including a hazard abatement program; a fraud, waste and abuse program; a health and fitness program; a public affairs program; and a disaster response actions program.
- Maintain liaison with national, state, and local governmental agencies such as law enforcement, disaster relief, airport management and others on matters of operational and environmental safety, protection of resources and other issues of possible unit impact.
- Ensure proper and adequate security and safeguarding of property, tactical telecommunications-electronics equipment, weapons and ammunition, resources, and people.
- Maintain mission readiness and compliance with directives as validated through the Inspector General and other review agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide (See Open Areas of Consideration) Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482002700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.