When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Program Specialist (Deputy Director Recovery Office) is responsible for the strategic direction and overall management of the coordination of the relationships among Federal, State, and local agencies; voluntary relief organizations; and FEMA staff for federal assistance issues following Hurricane Harvey. This position starts at a salary of $102,211 (IC-14).
Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 6 team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 4 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
In this position, you will serve as the Supervisory Program Specialist (Deputy Director Recovery Office) of the Texas Long Term Recovery Office, reporting to the Director of the Recovery Office, who reports directly to the Regional Administrator. Typical assignments include:
- Coordinating Federal agencies to support State and local agencies in meeting long-term disaster needs
- Serving as a leader and representing the Agency in inter-agency planning groups and coordinating plans and policies with the appropriate Agency divisions and other organizations
- Assisting the Director with implementing appropriate financial controls, coordinating and monitoring Agency program and administrative activities, and establishing mechanisms to evaluate the effectiveness of assigned programs, ensuring consistency with Agency policies
- Planning, developing, reviewing and evaluating all phases and functions of disaster recovery operations for DR-4332 (Hurricane Harvey)
- Coordinating a range of professional and administrative functions, including the Office of General Counsel, Employee Relations, Human Resources, Equal Rights, Safety and Security, Environmental, Community Relations and External Affairs with the Texas Recovery Office Chief of Staff and with Region 6
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Monday, November 13, 2017 OR at 11:59 pm ET on the date the 200th application is received, whichever comes first.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481947000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.