This vacancy is for Multiple IT Specialist, (APPSW), GG-0343-13 positions in the Decennial Directorate, Bureau of the Census, located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line - Suitland Station. Positions may also be filled in Greenbelt, MD and Washington Navy Yard, DC.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Please read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see ADDC-2017-0083, IT Specialist, (APPSW), GG-2210-13, CENSUS-DOC-TS.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other IT Specialist (APPSW), GG-2210-13, FPL-13 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This is a Term Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed (NTE) 2 years with the possibility of extension.
A trial period my be required
This position is Eligible for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cutoff date for referral is October 27, 2017. After this date additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available. This announcement covers multiple positions with the Decennial Directorates of the U.S. Census Bureau through October 18, 2018.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Analyze and evaluate work concerned with integrated systems of computer programs and/or computer equipment.
- Apply basic management principles to adapt computer methods to a variety of subject matter situations.
- Oversee/perform equipment installations or relocation, testing and acceptance processes.
- Integrate several hardware, software, and/or computer related services to provide integrated information system.
- Plan and design system architecture, design user interfaces, integrate hardware and software component and evaluate new applications software technologies.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481932600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.