CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARDLearn more about this agency
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
DUTY LOCATION: Deputy Chief of Staff Information Management (DCSIM), Hartford, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to identify and support command, control, communications and computer (C4) organizational and individual training requirements throughout the state. The incumbent is responsible for providing a quality C4 training program that covers the needs of the C4 users located throughout the state.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 3: Individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Membership must be satisfied within four (4) months of selection.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops policies and procedures at the state level for identifying organizational and individual training needs, training opportunities and sources of needed information systems training for positions in technical, professional, administrative, managerial and skilled craft occupations.
- Works collaboratively within the organization to achieve the C4 program goals for the state.
- Conducts one-on-one as well as formal C4 training courses.
- Tests and evaluates vendor hardware and software for applicable users to ensure conformance with the information management standards.
- Analyzes customer requirements and determines the most appropriate automation resource to utilize, including software and hardware.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Military Membership Required - See Area of Consideration
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481791200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.