The selectee for this position will serve as a Computer Scientist in the Ocean Products Branch, Synoptic Applications Division, Oceanographic Department, Naval Oceanographic Office, Stennis Space Center, Mississippi of NAVOCEANO BAY ST LOUIS.Learn more about this agency
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Design, enhance, install, and configure software utilized in automated real-time insitu-data processing schemes.
- Perform hardware and software maintenance on application processing as required to ensure that the branch's products meet operational accuracy, coverage and timeliness requirements.
- Develop and conduct tests of new hardware/software that is developed or delivered and integrated in the division.
- Prepare planning documents and administrative studies in support of the transition of insitu-data processing software.
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external customers to the development, content, update frequency, quality control, and maintenance of real time oceanographic products.
GS-09: $56,226 - $73,098
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481788700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.