If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than a top 5 agency? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).Learn more about this agency
FERC’s role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid.
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy. Join us and help make a difference!
This position is included in the bargaining unit.
Please note - Only your resume and cover letter will be forwarded to the selecting official.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement and the office for that selection may vary.
This position is located in the Division of Information Security and Systems Assurance, within the Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO develops, coordinates, and maintains Commission-wide strategic and business information technology (IT) plans; develops the IT enterprise architecture; and ensures that all IT initiatives support all aspects of the Commission business plan and are compliant with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) directives. This position reports to the Chief Information Security Officer who is responsible for developing and implementing the Commission's enterprise cybersecurity strategy.
IT Specialist Major Duties:
- Plan, develop, implement, maintain, and enhance programs, policy, and procedures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems, networks and information.
- Develops, reviews, and supports implementation of information security policies that are in adherence to applicable NIST, OMB, DHS, requirements.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs and take a lead role in responding to external reviews and audits by oversight groups such as OMB, GAO, OCIO, DHS and the like.
- Reviews security control assessments and provides control validation support to ensure proper authorization and re-authorization of systems.
- Establishes and monitors metrics to determine risk tolerance of Commission systems based on results of control evaluations.
- Provides lead oversight of FERC's Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Program.
- Ensures applicable A&A documentation (i.e. System Security Plans (SSP), Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), Security Assessment Reports (SAR), Authority to Operate (ATO) letters, etc.) are developed, reviewed, and approved for authorization or reauthorization of systems.
- Provides support in implementing and monitoring the Commission's Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) programs.
- Provides management support in facilitating annual Inspector General FISMA audit and adhoc internal audit inquiries.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open All Sources
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481771900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.