This position is located in the Defense Media Activity (DMA), which is a Department of Defense (DoD) field activity reporting to the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs). The DMA is a worldwide media organization employing state-of-the-art and emerging multi-media production and distribution technologies and operates from multiple locations in the US and overseas and with deployed combat and contingency forces throughout the world.Learn more about this agency
As a IT Specialist ( SYSADMIN/INFOSEC) at the GS-2210-11 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Provide user and server administration for Microsoft 2008 R2, Server 2012 Active Directory; administers Heat application; Ability to perform basic network troubleshooting.
- Performs Enterprise management including availability and monitoring of systems to include troubleshooting, fault isolation, problem solving, upgrading of hardware and software, debugging, and assessing program effectiveness. Conducts system testing and performs preventative maintenance.
- Interfaces with other Systems Engineers to ensure required Cybersecurity applications are monitored and maintained IAW DISA Standards. Provides Tier 2 support and implements solutions for system problems.
- Monitors automated systems to include troubleshooting, fault isolation, problem solving, upgrading of hardware and software, debugging, and assessing program effectiveness.
- Serves as the local liaison to the Air Force network and Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) points of contact for workstations and computer systems under contract by DMA from local service providers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481760700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.