The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Air National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
AREA 4: JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Only current military members of the Wyoming Air National Guard will be considered.
Position Title: HAZMAT Specialist
Position Series/Grade: GS-2001-09
Position Description #: D1411P01
PAS #: F2HB
FAC #: 412000
Position #: 0079390434
Location: 153rd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under or those over-grade, without a written demotion statement of understanding, will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the Air National Guard, Mission Support Group, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Materiel Management Flight, Asset Management Section. The primary purpose of this position is to provide management control, oversight, coordination, and implementation of the base "HAZMAT Pharmacy" program and operation. This position facilities the primary mission of receiving, distributing, tracking, reporting, and serving as the primary point of contact for base hazardous materials. Serves as a technical advisor to the Wing Commander, staff, and base personnel regarding hazardous materials. A broad knowledge of general supply, storage, distribution, and inventory specializations is required; in addition to a knowledge of Federal, State, and USAF safety and environmental rules and regulations to ensure regulatory compliance.
As a HAZMAT SPECIALIST, GS-2001-9, you will:
(1) Manage, control, oversee, coordinate and implement the base HAZMAT Pharmacy program and function.
(2) Identify new HAZMAT and customer requirements. Control IEX-coded materials, processes and approve customer requests, enroll new customers, requisition hazardous materials, perform research, verifies data, etc.
(3) Serve as the HAZMAT systems administrator utilizing the Standard Base Supply System (SBSS), Enterprise Supply Solution (ESS), Environmental Management Information System (EMIS), and Enterprise Environmental Safety Occupational Health-Management Information System (EESOH-MIS) to manage and update HAZMAT inventory data.
(4) Develop base regulations and operating instructions and procedures involving hazardous material requirements and processes in accordance with Federal, State, and military regulations, guidelines, and instructions.
(5) Develop and conduct HAZMAT training to managerial, supervisory, and base personnel.
(6) Conduct worksite visits, identify customer concerns, and determine materials usage.
(7) Gather and compile information for reports to Federal, State, USAF, and/or ANG agencies regarding program status, HAZMAT item status, compliance issues, budget information, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Air National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481757000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.